How does shnit CINEMAS work?
The Worldwide short film festival „shnit“ based in Bern, Switzerland is continuing to globally expand with shnit CINEMAS global community of short film lovers.
Shnit CINEMAS is different programs of 6 short films, that are part of our INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION. Through the years, shnit Worldwide Shortfilmfestival has proved itself as being a measure for excellences. Our team of talented professionals is dedicated to bring the best short films to an international audience and to reward aspiring filmmakers.
Between October 18th – 29th 2017 shnit CINEMAS will hit the screens worldwide for the third time. To ensure a truly global presence we are eager to offer partnerships to movie theaters and venues worldwide and to invite people to expand the short film lovers community by screening the shnit CINEMAS. The audience then gets to be part of the festival too, by choosing their favorite film they influence the AUDIENCE award that includes prize money of US$ 5’000. The audience will vote using shnit APP (release date Sep.25) which also display the worldwide locations of shnit CINEMAS – including your cinema!
What do I need to be part of shnit CINEMAS?
You could become part of shnit CINEMAS global community by submitting an entry form before the end of August. All you need is a venue, projecting equipment and a sound system.
We’re looking for vibrant locations and responsible, open minded organizers. You are welcome to arrange a screening in a cinema, arts center, industrial space, bar, gallery, or your school (there are really no limits!), and promote the event in your area with the help your network and of our PR kit.
What does shnit CINEMAS bundle include?
shnit CINEMAS is a selection of 6 short films, that are part of our INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION. You get an online access to a preview of the compilation via Vimeo. The block of films arrives with subtitles from the vast selection we offer*. We deliver your screening as an online FullHD-File.
You will be provided with a PR kit which includes a poster, a flyer and a trailer. The viewers will also be able to vote for their favorite short through the website. The votes of the audience decide who will win the AUDIENCE AWARD. It gives the audience the chance to make a difference and saves your cinema the hassle of paperwork!
*subtitles selection: English, Arabic, German, Spanish, Chinese Mandarinor Russian
Do I have to pay to be a part of shnit CINEMAS?
There is no upfront fee for the shnit CINEMAS SELECTION program. We expect a revenue share of 50/50 from the sold tickets. You may flexibly fix a price for tickets but we ask you to be consistent with cinema costs in your country.
Are there any special perks?
Oh, we are so happy you asked! Yes, there are some special perks: you are exempt from screening limits. It means you are free to play shnit CINEMAS as many times as you wish within the festival dates (18-29 October 2017). Multiple screenings will qualify you to get an extra selection program called “BEST OF shnit” (sent to you on February 2018) which will allow you to generate extra profit. (Also with shared revenue of 50/50).
What is the timeline I need to consider?
· Until the end of August 2017 you can apply/register for a shnit CINEMAS partnership by filling in our shnit CINEMA form.
· Starting September 1st 2017, shnit CINEMAS will send out the SELECTION to the partners for a preview.
· The partners announce their exact play times and locations until September 25th, 2017 at the latest.
· shnit CINEMAS is shown in selected venues between October 18 – 29, 2017.
· The Partners announce their revenues shortly after the screening. They are asked to transfer the agreed upon portion via PayPal or bank transaction to shnit Worldwide short film festival until November 10tht, 2017 at the latest.
· Partners who have shown the shnit CINEMA more than once at their venue will receive the shnit CINEMAS BEST OF program for February 2018.
The following cities hosted shnit CINEMAS
Tickets available directly through cinemas.
– Angola Luanda
– South Africa Johannesburg
– China | Chengdu | Tumen
– Singapore | Singapore City
– Russia | Chabarovsk | Chelyabinsk | Ekaterinburg | Irkutsk | Izhevsk | Kaliningrad | Kazan Kirov | Kharbarovsk | Krasnodar | Krasnoyarsk Perm | Murmansk | Moscow | Novosibirsk | Omsk | Rostov-na-Donu | Saint-Petersburg | Samara| Saratov |Surgut | Tomsk | Ufa | Veliky Novgorod | Vladivostok | Voronezh | Yaroslavl | Yekaterinburg |
– Australia | Noosa Heads
– Belarus | Minsk
– Croatia | Zagreb
– Czech Republic | Prague
– Denmark | Odense
– Germany | Berlin | Bielefeld | Bremen | Brühl | Dresden | Hamburg | Hannover | Magdeburg | München | Potsdam | Suhl-Mäbendorf
– Iceland | Reykjavik
– Italy Rome
– Macedonia | Skopje
– Poland | Wroclaw
– Spain | Burgos
– Switzerland | Zürich | Lucern
– United Kingdom New Port | Southampton
– United States of America | Fernandina Beach | Seattle | Oakland | Philadelphia | Texas
– Canada | Halifax
– Colombia | Bogota | San Juan de Pasto | Barranquilla
– Argentina | Salta